Friday, May 12, 2017

A Flea Market Shabby Box How To With The Best Glue Ever

Hello there crafty friends, welcome to the ScraPerfect blog.

Michelle here, sharing my latest project, a Flea Market Shabby Box, using Best Glue Ever and Copper Transfer Foil from ScraPerfect.



My project began with a 9x5.5x2.5 card board box, with a top opening.



Rather than gesso & paint the box, I decided to use patterned paper instead. I first measured and cut each side, top, bottom & inside individually, and cut my paper to fit each.


I used the Best Glue Ever to glue all 4 sides, inside bottom & sides, and bottom of the box. I did use another adhesive for the inside & top side of the lid, ONLY because of the larger space, and curved designed.



I distress painted the small wooden feet for the bottom of the box. I also dry brushed gesso over the wood patterned paper, for a bit. more of the shabby look.



For the top, I used flowers and elements that coordinated with the paper background. With the wooden birdcage, I added BGE, then applied the Copper Transfer Foil, in a distressed design.



To finish, I used BGE to apply a beautiful floral lace trim to the top outer edge, and twine rope to the bottom edge and the wooden feet to the bottom.



This project came to light, when I had opened the packaging of some vintage image paper dolls I had purchased, and completely ripped the side of the bag. So I needed something to store them in, and I think this box will be the perfect fit.






Be sure to visit ScraPerfect, for the innovative products for your crafting needs.

http://scraperfect.com

Thank you for stopping by, and remember to check back often, for new project inspiration.

Until next time.......Crafty Blessings








5 comments:

  1. WOW. When I saw the first two images, the empty "new" cardboard box and the finished box I was in AWESTRUCK!

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your ideas, questions, feedback.